Research is the backbone of academics. It simplifies concept building and transforms new ideas into innovations in pursuance of a new era of passion for researchers. Each finding gives immense pleasure and multiplies enthusiasm towards achieving target.
The research and Development Cell aims to nurture research culture in the College by promoting research in newly emerging and challenging areas of Engineering, Technology, Science and Humanities including multidisciplinary fields. This enhances the general research capability of budding technocrats by way of participating in conferences, workshops, project competitions, etc.
The research and development Cell is functioning with the following objectives:
- To create awareness and opportunities in Research and Development among the students & faculty and to create apt Research and Development atmosphere in every department;
- To create interest and atmosphere among the staff members to take up Research projects and improve their knowledge, skills and qualifications by registered Ph.D's;
- To motivate the faculty member of the group for R & D activities in the area of their specialization;
- To encourage staff members and students to publish technical papers for publishing in National and reputed International Conferences/Journals;
- To encourage faculty members of all the disciplines in Science/Humanities in R & D activities for their professional growth;
- To undertake research activities and development projects offered by agencies such as ISRO, DRDO, CSIR, DST, AICTE, UGC, DBT, INFOSYS, etc.
- To assist the students to apply for funding for conducting research under student project scheme to various funding agencies like TNSCST, IEI (I), DRDO, TCS, Infosys, etc.;
- To assist for applying and getting funds for conducting Seminar/Workshop/FDP from various available funding agencies;
- To facilitate the growth of research activity among the academic community, including developing mechanisms and targets to achieve this;
- To develop and coordinate strategies for maximizing the faculty's success in gaining external research funding;
- To maintain and disseminate current information about relevant research policy areas and initiatives in government, in the professions and in relevant industries, including external funding
- To develop strategies to foster research collaborations within the faculty, across faculty and
- To work with various departments to establish and develop faculty research priorities on interdisciplinary areas;
- To interact with industry, government, professions and the wider community on all research matters promote faculty research activities to external stakeholders;
- To coordinate faculty level workshop and staff development activities to attract the best research related issues;
- To encourage development of activities to attract the best research oriented higher degree students;
- To maintain effective links with government departments, authorities, business, and commerce and industry organizations relevant to the college research activities.
In our college, in order to promote research and development activities, the college extends its full support to students/faculty. Full/Partial financial support is given to all innovative research & development works taken up by the students, faculty and staff members. The college encourages students, faculty and staff to participate in National/International Conferences, Training programmes, Tech-Festivals organized by reputed institutes by giving full/partial financial support viz. course/registration fee, TA/DA etc.