Title of the Best Practice I
Student Support Service through Moral and Financial Aid
To increase the Gross Enrollment Ratio in Higher Education To control the dropout rate To increase the course completion rate The context Higher education is a costly proposition, and all indications show that the costs will only increase further. With the rising cost of a college education, students and parents are pushed to avail various types of financial assistance. With the right grants, at the right time, students can craft their dreams about higher education intoreality
The economically weaker students are identified by the Management through counselors. A strong moral support is provided to them.
A strong moral support is provided to them.
Financial aid is given through Swami Chidbhavananda Memorial Student Aid Fund, Freeships (general and sports quota), Central and State Government scholarships, Farmer scholarships and other welfare scholarship schemes.
Evidence of Success 1.
The students’ who have received moral and financial aid, scored high marks and completed the course on time. Most of the departments of our college has the list of students benefitted by these practices. 2. The student Drop out rate is decreased.
Problems Encountered and Resources required:
1. Most of the students enrolled in our college are from the economically weaker section.
2. Financial aid is required from Government/UGC, and other agencies.
3. Government/UGC can consider the senior colleges who ever excel in quality of teaching, research and extension may be given special grants or some basic grants to the colleges to serve more.
Title of the Best Practice II
Prayer for Harmonious Development of the student
To improve Self-control and the power of concentration
To inculcate the moral values.
To develop positive thinking.
To develop listening skill and decision making skill.
Since inception our college insists on the Harmonious development of the Hand, the Heart and the Head.
Spiritual wisdom is essential to cultivate a balanced mind.
Consequently, one learns to cultivate selfcontrol, discriminate between what is eternal and transient, practice equanimity and follow one's own dharma.
Dharma requests one to perform the duties of life in accordance with universal ethical values.
1.Daily routine starts with a common prayer
2. . Our prayer sessions act as a catalyst for the development of self knowledge.
3. The practice of prayer intensifies our faith, nourishes our hope, and trains us to center ourselves in our relationships with the divine.
4.Students are trained to come orderly and silently into the prayer hall.
5.Students are made to sit in the right posture in a straight line which is a yoga practice.
6. Students are brought into the spiritual wave by chanting Namavali.
7. Students sing Spiritual, Patriotic, Motivational and Inspiring songs. Music is also very good breathing exercise for the lungs as lot of oxygen is inhaled while singing loudly.
8.The motivational group songs, rhythm, melody and the joint chorus create a positive and energetic force in the minds of the students.
9. The most powerful hymn Gayathri mantra is chanted to boost the mental and physical health of the students.
10. The plants and trees in the sacred garden near prayer hall bloom beautifully and spread the aroma around us.
11. Daily meditation for 2 minutes practiced by the students enhances the concentration power.
12. Sharing of practical experience mingled with divine wisdom is poured into the heart and soul of the students through the reading of Daily Divine Digest and Dhinasary Dhyanam in Tamil (Thought for the day).
13. Meals of each time starts only after chanting Brahmarpanam (Taking the food as the Prasadham of Lord) which adds a divine value to the food and they consume the food completely.
14. Prayer is also practiced among students in hostel in morning, afternoon before lunch and evening.
15. Hostel Students practice suryanamaskar and the exercises in yoga every day.
16.Story telling sessions(stories and life incidents of great personalities) in prayer helps the students to overcome hesitation of standing in assembly.
Evidence of Success
1. Our founder, Swami Chidbhavananda believed that Women Empowerment could be achieved through Spiritual Literature.
2. Spiritual practices and yoga has augmented the concentration power which is evidently resulted in boost up of University ranks.
3. Clean habits have ultimately cultivated rational thinking, which has resulted in problem solving.
4. Prayer sessions increase one’s emotional/social maturity.
5. Prayer has given a sense of ease, comfort and protection, decreasing too much anxiety and irrational fear.
6. SaradaNandhini, during Alumnae meet reflect and highlights their experience about the spiritual training gained here.
7. The successes attained by SaradaNandhini are the live examples for the successes of our Prayer.
Problems Encountered and Resources Required:
At initial stages
o Some of the students unable to do prayer with concentration.
o They feel sleepy during prayer.
o They find difficult to sit on the floor.
o They felt hesitated to stand before assembly for telling stories.
o But as they get practice, in due course of time they realize the benefits and the positive outcomes of the prayer which helps them to continue it without hesitation.