LIFE TRAINING PROGRAMME
The mission of this institution is to provide all the students a comprehensive preparation for life. This life-training is given to the students through various programme organized by the Life Training Programme Committee. The Principal is the Chairman with a senior staff as the convener and the coordinators of Value Education, Certificate Courses, Gandhian Thought, a faculty from the Department of Sanskrit and the Music Teacher as its members.
The Components of this Life Training Programme are:
I. Spiritual and Moral Training
- Daily Prayer
- Weekly Bhajans
- Chanting of Bhagavad Gita and Upanishads.
- Celebration of religious festivals like Navaratri and Holy Motherís Jayanthi
- Discourses by Swamijs and learned speakers on Ramayana and Mahabharata.
- Value Education Courses on the lives and teachings of Bhagavan Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Sr. Nivedita, Mahabharata.
- Cultural examinations conducted by Vivekanada Kendra.
- Gandhian Thought (Certificate / Diploma from MKU)
II. Development of Efficiency for Good Home - Making:
- Certificate Courses in Home Management, Tailoring, Handicrafts,
- Herbal Medicine for Home Needs and Yogasana for Health are Offered.
III.Social values and National Consciousness:
A Certificate Courses in Civic Responsibilities trains the students in social values like honesty, concern for others etc.Patriotic songs are taught regularly. Students celebrate National Festivals like Independence Day, Republic Day and National Youth Day. A sense of oneness with all is created by the Religious Harmony Songs sung every week during the prayer.
IV.Personality Development Programme:
Experts in human resources management from voluntary organizations like Vivekananda Kendra, NGOs, SHGs etc. are invited to conduct personality development programme for students. Once in a week, songs on themes like self - confidence, youth - awakening, teachings of Swami Vivekananda and songs of MahakaviBharathiyar are sung to instill self-confidence with the students.
V. Fine Arts in the Service of Character Building:
Dance, Drama and Music are employed on several occasions in a year to impart moral and ethical values through fine arts. The themes of these artistic presentations will usually be Ramayana, Mahabharata, lives of saints, national leaders etc.