Youth Red Cross (YRC)
The international Red Cross movement is the well-known and worldwide humanitarian organization, present in almost all the countries.The motto of Youth Red Cross (YRC) is "to serve". The Youth Red Cross is the most important constituent of its mother organization, Indian Red Cross Society. It is a group movement organized at the initial stages for students between 18 and 25 years of age within the colleges. Under the guidance of Programme Officer, the students are trained and encouraged to manage various programmes.
The fundamental principles of Red Cross movement are :
- Voluntary service
- Red Cross society function with the one and only aim of serving people under distress without any consideration of caste, religion, language and nationality.
Youth Red Cross has the following three principles :
- Protection of health and life
- Service to the sick and suffering
- Promotion of national and international friendship to develop the mental and moral capacities of the youth.
- Promotion of health and hygiene.
- Service to the needy people
- Relief work during emergencies like flood, fire and other natural calamities.
- National integration
- World friendliness.
YRC PROGRAMME OFFICERS