Youth Red Cross
The motto of Youth Red Cross (YRC) is "to serve". The Youth Red Cross is the most important constituent of its mother organization, Indian Red Cross Society. It is a group movement organized at the initial stages for students between 18 and 25 years of age within the colleges. Under the guidance of Programme Officer, the students are trained and encouraged to manage various programmes.
Objectives of Youth Red Cross:
- To inculcate in the Youth of our country an awareness on the care of their own health and that of others
- By understanding and acceptance of civic responsibilities and acting accordingly with humanitarian concern, to fulfill the same
- To enable the growth and development of a spirit of service and sense of duty with dedication and devotion in the minds of youth
- To foster better friendly relationship with all without any discrimination.
Principles of Youth Red Cross:
- Protection of Health & Life.
- Service to the Sick & Suffering
- Promotion of National & International Friendship, to develop the mental and moral capacities of the youth A Special feature of our YRC is the annual First Aid Camp organized with the help of the Regional coordinator, YRC, Tirunelveli.