Library plays a very important role in an educational institution. As an educational institution fully committed to the imparting of knowledge, our college started its acquisition of books from 1986 onwards. A fully qualified librarian was appointed in 1987, ever since which the library has been growing steadily in quality and quantity.
Sarada Library has the collection of 24941 books, 56 magazines, 36 Jouranals, M.C.A, M.Com, M.Sc department Libraries. 1594 Book Bank books, 985 Specimen books are available at U.G departments. Our Library is automated with Delplus Software. We are member of Delnet, Developing Library Network.
Smt. S.Gomathy,M.Com.,M.L.I.Sc.,M.Phil(Library)-Asst. Librarian
Smt.P.Vijayalakshmi, B.A.,M.L.I.Sc.,-Library Assistant
Smt. A.Alagumuthammal, B.COM - Library Assistant
- To meet Dr.S.R.Ranganathan’s five laws of library science.
- To encourage all students to work towards reaching their potential, by helping them to become independent & effective learner within Institution and throughout life.
- To support the curriculum of the college.
- To enable students to have information retrieval skills from a wide range of resources including books, magazines, the Internet and CD-ROMs.
- To encourage them to experience success and enjoyment in the use of their library.
- To develop awareness about reading habit & it’s importance and pleasure.
- To provide opportunity and to encourage all students' educational and recreational reading.
- Five Laws of Library Science
- Books are for Use.
- Every Reader has his/her Book.
- Every Book has its Reader.
- Save the Time of the Reader.
- Library is a Growing Organism.
We have special collection of 4 Vedas, Sanskrit books, subject dictionaries, Gazetteers, Lexicons, encyclopedias and competitive exam books.
Summary Of Priented Resources:
- The Total Collection of Documents - 2017
- Total Number of Books - 28,537
- Total Number of Subject Books - 26,506
- Total Number of Reference books - 2,183
- Total Number of Current journals
- Indian - 39
- Foreign - 11
- Total Number of Back volumes of journals - 644
- Total Number of Magazines - 39
- Total Number of E – information Resources
- DVD - 32
- CD - 951
- Total Number of Book bank - 3757
- Total Number of Specimen Copy - 3043
- Total Number of Database - Delnet
- Total Number of Consortia - NList
- Institutional Repository s/w - D Space
Since 2002, Our Library is the member of Delnet, Developing Library Network.
- Union Catalogue of Books
- Union List of Current Periodicals
- Union Catalogue of Periodicals
- Database of Periodical Articles
- CD-ROM Database
- Union List of Video Recordings
- Union List of Sound Recordings
- Database of Theses and Dissertations
- Union List of Newspapers
- Database of E-books
- Profile of Member-Libraries
- Dictionary : http://oxforddictionaries.com/
- Dictionary : http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/
- Atlas: http://www.worldatlas.com/
- Spot Your Train: http://www.trainenquiry.com/indexNS.aspx
- Train Booking : https://www.irctc.co.in/
- Doctoral Thesis: http://www.vidyanidhi.org.in/
- Open Access Journals: http://www.doaj.org
- The Directory of Open Access Repositories: http://www.opendoar.org/
- National Digital Repository: http://www.egyankosh.ac.in/mydspace
- Online Periodicals Repository: http://nopr.niscair.res.in/
- Database of journals: http://www.icaap.org/
- E-learning through Video courses: http://nptel.iitm.ac.in/index.php
- E-Journal: http://journal.ignouonline.ac.in/iojp/index.php/IJOL/index
Green Stone Digital Library software is being used for constructing Institutional Repository. In Library, Users could access research Publications of our staff. This work is in under construction.
U.G. students can borrow 3 books at a time & P.G. students can borrow 4 books at a time. U.G. students are entitled to keep a book for 7 days from the date of issue and P.G. students for 15 days. At the end of the period the book should be returned to the Library. It can be renewed for another 7 days unless there is a request for the same book.
Photocopy of news
Reference staff is available in the reading room to suggest sources of information and to assist in locating the required material.
Current Awareness Service:
Intimation sent to concerned department on right time.
Inter Library Loan:
Our college students & staff can access the facilities available in St.Xavier's college & they can use our library resources & services.
Xerox, Printer, Scanner
We are providing Bibliographic Compilation service with the help of Delplus Software.
We are providing internet service.
Mail Query Service:
Students can ask their queries through mail.
LIBRARY RULES & REGULATIONS:
- The Library will be open from 8.30 a.m. to 5.30. p.m. through out the year except on second saturdays and Government holidays.
- Absolute silence should be observed in and around the library. Students using the reading room should not disturb and distract the attention of the readers. Failure to observe this will result in severe disciplinary action.
- Three borrowe's tickets will be given to each student at the beginning of the course. A Student who borrows a book shall keep it well covered while it is in her use. She will be responsible for the books borrowed by her.
- A Student who loses not carry any book should make a written report of the same to the Librarian and Principal. She should replace the lost book.
- Students should not carry any book or any printed matter into the Library. Only note books and loose sheets of paper are allowed inside the Library.
- Students should not write, damage or make any mark on any book, periodical, manuscript or map belonging to the Library.
- U.G. students can borrow 3 books at a time & P.G. students can borrow 4 books at a time.
- U.G. students are entitled to keep a book for 7 days from the date of issue and P.G. students for 15 days. At the end of the period the book should be returned to the Library. It can be renewed for another 7 days unless there is a request for the same book.
- Sub-lending of college library books or exchange of tickets among students is strictly prohibited.
- An overdue charge of two rupee will be levied for a book per day if the books are not returned on the due date.
- Books due falling on holidays may be returned on the next working day.
- All books must be returned to the library on kthe notified date, before the end of each semester. If any student fails to return the book on the date specified the Hall ticket will not be issued to her until the book is returned with fine or replaced if the book is lost.
- Bags, tiffin boxes and books must be left at the entrance of the library.
- Absence from the college will notbe admitted as an excuse for delay in the return of the book. Books will be issued or received from 8.45., to 9.25 a.m., 1.00p.m. to 1.45 p.m. and 4.30 p.m. to 5.15 p.m.
- When a book is received from the Library, it should be examined carefully. If there is any damage it must be immediately brought to the notice of the Librarian. Otherwise, the last borrower will be held responsible for the damage and should either replace the book or pay for the damage as fixed by the librarian.
- The tickets and books borrowed from the Library should be returned when a student ceases to be a member of the college. Neither the transfer certificate nor the conduct certificate nor Hall Ticket will be issued to a student, who has not returned the books and the tickets issued to her.
- The Librarian has the right to check each student before she leaves the library.