I. Value based Learning
Values are the part and parcel of the philosophy of the nation and its educational system.Values-based Education is an approach to teach universal values like moral values, patience, honesty, etc, to the students. It creates a strong learning environment that enhances academic attainment, and develops students' social and relationship skills that last throughout their lives. The purpose of value education is the development of the personality of the student.
- Through Value based education, we can develop the students into people with strong character and values who know how to utilize their knowledge for the advantage of mankind. Our institution gives special importance for Value Education which consist the study of the lives and teachings of Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Sri RamakraishnaParamahamsa, Swami Vivekananda and Sister Niveditha. Discourses by revered Swamijis, Ambajisand learned thinkers to promote the "Habit of Positive Way of Thinking" by inculcating beliefs and moral values in the sub-conscious minds of the faculty. Apart from the value education classes our college strives to imbibethe students with the highest set of morals and values through discourses on Ramayana and Mahabharata once in a month. Spiritual discourses are arranged on the occasions of Lighting Ceremony and Graduation day. Civic Responsibilities are taught to embed the moral and ethical values in the hearts of girl children, who are the mothers of the younger generation of future.
- Daily routine starts with a common prayer. During the most powerful hymn Gayathri Mantra, Upanishad, Bhagavad Gita and LalithaSahastranamam are chanted by our students to increase the mental and physical health of the students. Practice of prayer intensifies and trains us to center ourselves in our relationships with the divine. The day ends by chanting Shanthi prayer.
- Students can realise the values of epics and literature of our country. This helps them to develop their patriotism and overall personality.
- During the Alumnae meet Sarada Sutas' share their experience and how the values and training which is gained from college help them in their complicated situations.
- Prayer sessions increase one's emotional/social maturity.
- The successes attained by Sarada Sutas are the live examples for the successes of our value based