DEPARTMENT OF Commerce with Corporate Secretaryship
The Department of Commerce with Computer Applications was established in the year 2006. In the year 2006 -2007 M.Com CA was introduced with a sanctioned strength of 20. B.Com CA was introduced in the year 2009-2010 with a sanctioned strength of 48. The department has been continuously producing university rank holders both at UG & PG level. In 2014, the department was upgraded with M.Phil (Commerce) with a sanctioned strength of 15. In the year 2017 the Department was recognized as the Research Centre for Commerce by the Manonmaniam Sundaranar University. There are 18 research scholars (Full Time & Part Time) in our Centre. At present there are 7 full time faculty members and 1 part time lawyer.The department has very good infrastructure and a well equipped and sophisticated computer laboratory. As per the guidelines issued by the Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, B.Com(CA) programme was converted into Commerce (Corporate Secretaryship) and M.Com (CA) into M.Com from the academic year 2017-2018.
Special Features/Recent Outcomes:
1. Securing Gold Medals and University Ranks at UG and PG Level.
2. Sufficient Infrastructure facilities to Staff and Students.
3. Abandunt Library Books for reference.
4. ICT Enabled Class room.
5. Excellent publications and paper presentations in State/National/International Seminars and Conferences by Staff and Students.
6. Eight of our B.Com(CS) students have cleared CS Foundation Course